Our project is the Mycelia -Can a trash can that is made up of mycelium that can eat plastic. The plan is to have these placed within homes and have this a use as a recycling can for plastic trash. The mycelium will eat the plastic getting ride of our plastic problem at the source, the house hold. Here is some concept art we made to help image this idea mycelium_project_v1
After several failed builds with mycelium we use play-doh to help use mock up or build
The only parts we use was some mycelium, play-doh, and a small trash can.
Our overall idea is greatly shown in this video that goes a little bit through the life cycle of what our end goal looks like.
Other than the video most of our plans and idea can be found on our PowerPoint for our presentation Final May 2 AME 410
This goes over the idea of a game that measure heart rate and will restart if you go to high. The goal is to test first responders before the see an event in real life.
This goes over the idea of creating a material that will not fade away after long use. For example shoes, triers, or wheels.
This goes over the idea of building a camp that can be left after use to grow back into the environment.
We used copper tape as the capacitance for out project. This let us to control two different actions on our Max patch.
Depending on the presser the circles or arks will generate faster.
We took this info and projected it onto our other painting giving this a cool look
He is what our circuit and code look like.
For this project I took the idea of using velostat as a pressure sensor and placed it within my helmet to control the actions of 2 LEDs depending on how much pressure it reads.
It is simple in construction, all that I did was tape down some fabric that has a piece of copper tape and the velostat. This a the base of the helmet.
I then placed some more copper tape on the top cushion and placed an alligator clip to each end. Allowing this to become a presser sensor.
The code here shows that the two LEDs will change in correlation to each other. One will be on while the other will be off. The strength of each light will depend on the amount of pressure that is shown using analogRead.
Here is a closer look of the breadboard and how all the wiring looks.
The objective of my code is to show one light on when the switch is unconnected and another when the are connected. The code is a simple if else statement, saying that when the switch is on one LED will be on HIGH and the other LOW. I used an apple to help complete the circuit and activate the switch. This is a layout of what my breadboard looks like and an overall clear look of my physical side of the project.
Here is a video of the switch working.
I have taken both Intro to Physical Computing as well as Digital-Physical Systems, which both help me obtain a good understanding of the electronics and programming of the Arduino system. I have also taken some classes that briefly have went over Xcode and MAX.
I do not have a much experiences with many materials. I have worked with wood a little and feel comfortable with using it to build, and also know how to make a 3D object using Fusion 360. However I do feel confident in using any type of materials.
For me the Eporo was my favorite project that was shown. I have always loved the ideas of self driving cars and this takes it to an other level. It focuses more on being able to read each other movements and move accordingly to the new information shown to them. The use of the LRF was also a cool thing to see, giving the Eporo the ability to look around in a 180-degree radius and giving the chance to read what is going on around them.