All assignments are due by 11.59am on the day of the deadline!
0. Introductions | due Jan 10 | see introductions Create an Arduino-controlled switch and use 2 LED's as outputs.
1. Arduino soft switch | due Jan 17 | see Arduino switch projects Create an Arduino-controlled switch and use 2 LED's as outputs.
2. handcrafting analog sensors | due Jan 24 | see sensing projects Create a fabric or thread-based sensor (pressure, stretch, tilt).
3. pulse sensor | due Jan 31 | see pulse sensor projects Create an artifact that responds to human heartbeat
4.1 Bioart Stencil | due Feb 4 | see capSense projects Design a screenprinting stencil based on your bioart experiment.
4.2 capSense + bioart screenprint | due Feb 16 | see capSense projects Make your bioart screenprint interactive with light, motion, or sound.
5. 3D design for mycelium | due Feb 19 | see 3D Designs Create a 3D shape to serve as a mold for your mycelium project.
5.1 3D design for mycelium | due Feb 19 | see 3D Designs Create a 3D shape to serve as a mold for your mycelium project.
5.2. IM 2018 Forum post | due Feb 26 Make a post to the IM forum.
6. Mycelium prototype | due March 2 | see mycelium projects Incorporate a sensor + LCD output into your mycelium structure.
7. project brainstorming | due March 12 | see brainstorming posts Submit 20 project ideas by the beginning of class on Wednesday.
8. telling stories | due March 14 | see storyboards
9.1 Top 2 concepts | due March 19 Research and describe your top 2 concepts for the challenge.
9.2 Email update| due March 21 | Email an update on your project proposal & concept.
9. project pitch and proposal | due March 28 | see project proposals Create a 4-minute pitch for your project idea (to present in class!) Post a detailed proposal, include problem, your design, and parts list.
10. project update | due April 9 Post project update + present rapid 30-second summary in class.
11. look, ask, learn, try | due April 25 | see observation reports Text your project concept with stakeholders and submit documentation
13. project update/presentation | due Apr 25 | see status updates Post project update + present rapid 30-second summary in class.
Final project showcase | May 2, 12pm-2pm Biodesign Institute Lower Level Atrium
14. Final project documentation | due May 2 Final project documentation due.