All assignments are due by 11.59am on the day of the deadline!
0. Introductions | due Jan 10 | see introductions Create an Arduino-controlled switch and use 2 LED's as outputs.
1. Arduino soft switch | due Jan 17 | see Arduino switch projects Create an Arduino-controlled switch and use 2 LED's as outputs.
2. handcrafting analog sensors | due Jan 24 | see sensing projects Create a fabric or thread-based sensor (pressure, stretch, tilt).
3. pulse sensor | due Jan 31 | see pulse sensor projects Create an artifact that responds to human heartbeat
4.1 Bioart Stencil | due Feb 4 | see capSense projects Design a screenprinting stencil based on your bioart experiment.
4.2 capSense + bioart screenprint | due Feb 14 | see capSense projects Make your bioart screenprint interactive with light, motion, or sound.
5 3D design for mycelium | due Feb 12 | see 3D Designs Create a 3D shape to serve as a mold for your mycelium project.
6. Mycelium + advanced sensing | due Feb 28 | see mycelium projects Incorporate a sensor + output into your mycelium structure.
7. project brainstorming | due March 12 | see brainstorming posts Submit 20 project ideas by the beginning of class on Wednesday.
8. telling stories | due March 14 | see storyboards Make a storyboard for each of your top 3 concepts.
9. project pitch and proposal | due March 28 | see project proposals Create a 4-minute pitch for your project idea (to present in class!) Post a detailed proposal, include problem, your design, and parts list.
11. look, ask, learn, try | due April 4 | see observation reports Observe a biology-related location and submit photographs and notes.
13. project update/presentation | due Apr 16 | see status updates Post project update + present rapid 30-second summary in class.
Final project showcase | TBA Final project documentation demonstrations & reception
14. Final project documentation | due May 1 | see final projects Final project documentation due.