All assignments are due by 11.59am on the day of the deadline!
1. Arduino soft switch | due Jan 20 | see Arduino switch projects Create an Arduino-controlled switch and use 2 LED's as outputs.
2. handcrafting analog sensors | due Jan 29 | see sensing projects Create a fabric or thread-based sensor (pressure, stretch, tilt).
3. capSense and organic materials | due Feb 5 | see capSense projects Show capacitance of organic materials with light, motion, or sound.
4. transistors and thermal actuation | due Feb 12 | see thermal projects Activate thermochromic paint with muscle wire or heating pads.
5. Sensors + LCD displays | due Feb 20 | see sensors/displays Create an interactive project that touches on a Biodesign idea
6. Open-ended skills review | due Feb 27 | see review projects Create an interactive project that touches on a Biodesign idea
7. midterm | due March 1 | see midterm projects Work in groups to create an interactive prototype in 1.25 hours.
8. look, ask, learn, try | due Mar 13 | see observation reports Observe a biology-related location and submit photographs and notes.
9. project brainstorming | due Mar 15 | see brainstorming posts Submit 20 project ideas by the beginning of class on Wednesday.
10. telling stories | due March 20 | see storyboards Make a storyboard for each of your top 3 concepts.
11. advanced sensing | due March 27 | see advanced sensing projects Explore the salinity or muscle sensors and post and update.
12. project pitch and proposal | due March 29 | see project proposals Create a 2-minute pitch for your project idea (to present in class!) Post a detailed proposal, include problem, your design, and parts list.
13. project update | due Apr 12 | see status updates Post project update + present rapid 30-second summary in class.
Final project showcase | April 26 Final project documentation demonstrations & reception
14. Final project documentation | due May 1 | see final projects Final project documentation due.