All assignments are due by 11.59am on the day of the deadline!
1. Arduino soft switch | due Jan 15 | see Arduino switch projects Create an Arduino-controlled switch and use 2 LED's as outputs.
2. handcrafting analog sensors | due Jan 22 | see sensing projects Create a fabric or thread-based sensor (pressure, stretch, tilt).
3. capSense and organic materials | due Jan 29 | see capSense projects Show capacitance of organic materials with light, motion, or sound.
4. transistors and thermal actuation | due Feb 5 | see thermal projects Activate thermochromic paint with muscle wire or heating pads.
5. Sensors + LCD displays | due Feb 12 | see sensors/displays Create an interactive project that touches on a Biodesign idea
6. Open-ended skills review | due Feb 19 | see review projects Create an interactive project that touches on a Biodesign idea
7. project brainstorming | due Feb 26 | see brainstorming posts Submit 20 project ideas by the beginning of class on Wednesday.
8. telling stories | due March 12 | see storyboards Make a storyboard for each of your top 3 concepts.
9. Arduino + MaxMSP | due March 19 | see MAX MSP Project Create a sensor or button that controls MaxMSP output.
10. project pitch and proposal | due March 26 | see project proposals Create a 4-minute pitch for your project idea (to present in class!) Post a detailed proposal, include problem, your design, and parts list.
11. look, ask, learn, try | due April 2 | see observation reports Observe a biology-related location and submit photographs and notes.
13. project update | due Apr 9 | see status updates Post project update + present rapid 30-second summary in class.
Final project showcase | April 25 Final project documentation demonstrations & reception
14. Final project documentation | due May 1 | see final projects Final project documentation due.